Your first session
At All’s Well That Ends Well, we honor that having a colonic can be a unique and new experience. Our goal is to provide you with a positive, safe, and professional session. Expect to be respected for wherever you are in your journey towards health and wellness.
Your first colon hydrotherapy session begins with a one-on-one consultation where we hear about you and what has inspired you to have a session. We then discuss the theory of colonics and then walk you through the ins and outs of how the equipment works.
The nitty gritty
Post instruction, we leave the room so that you can insert the very small, sterile, disposable tube in private. The tube is connected to the table and only has to be inserted about 1-2 inches into the rectum. Most clients find it easy to insert.
The equipment is designed so that you lie on your back. Water temperature can be controlled and is gravity-fed. When the equipment is turned on, water flows into your body through the rectal tube. When you feel the urge, your job is to eliminate (the same way you do on a toilet, except that you are on The LIBBE). The tube is designed brilliantly to stay in for the entire session, even if you have large eliminations. Your eliminations move around the tube and get flushed to the sewer. There is a viewing tube if you are inclined to watch what you pass.
You do not have to be fasting or cleansing in order to have a colonic. In fact, you don’t even need to be a “healthy eater” or “water-drinker”. That said, there are a few things you can do to make your colonic go well and they are as follows:
- Drink plenty of water in the days previous to a session. Aim for drinking at least 2 liters a day.
- Increase you fruit and vegetable intake.
- Reduce foods that you suspect may be allergens for you.
- Avoid eating a heavy meal at least 2 hours before your session. Instead choose to have a smoothie, yogurt, salad, fruit or cooked vegetables. You do not need to be fasting.
- Consider preparing food for yourself to have after your session.
It is important to be as gentle on your digestive system as possible after having your colonics. Sometimes clients report being very hungry after a session while others report the desire to not eat between sessions.
- Drink plenty of liquids (filtered water, juices, herbal tea, and coconut water) to prevent headaches.
- Avoid eating raw vegetables for 24 hours following each session. This is because raw vegetables and salad tend to make people feel gassy post session. Definitely eat vegetables, just have them cooked, steamed or juiced!
- Have protein, but eat proteins that are easily digestible: beans, fish, and nut butters are ideal.
- Ideal foods to eat: homemade vegetable or chicken soup, smoothies, yogurt, and cooked vegetables with whole grains.
Potential positive and negative side effects
Most clients report feeling more energized and lighter post session. Some clients report common detoxification side effects. These side effects can be: feeling “flu-like”, headaches, gurgling in the gut, or feeling tired. These symptoms almost always go away after having a second session in a “back-to-back.”
Most clients are able return immediately back to work and their lives post-session. You have plenty of time at the end of the session to eliminate all of the water. It is common to skip a day or two of your regular bowel movements post every colon hydrotherapy session.